While the vast majority of transactions on Legiit are completed without issue, we understand that sometimes disagreements will arise that are not able to be worked out between the buyer and the seller.
That's what our dispute process is for.
When one of our buyers opens a dispute Legiit support will then give the seller 24 hours to respond.
If they do not respond within 24 hours the case will be arbitrarily closed in favor of the buyer.
If they do respond Legiit will give them the opportunity to review the buyer's complaint and resolve it.
If they decide the buyer's complaint has been resolved, and the buyer is still unhappy, then Legiit support will review the facts of the dispute.
- Reviewing the sales page of the service purchased
- Reviewing communication that took place on the order
- Reviewing communication that took place prior to the order via the messaging system
- Reviewing the deliverable provided by the seller
- Reviewing any other facts relevant to the case
- Talk to a seller before making a purchase and ask questions
- Read the seller’s entire sales page before making a purchase to make sure it is clear what you will receive
- Before filing a dispute speak to the seller about your displeasure and ask them to fix it for you (if you open a dispute without first talking to the seller, the dispute may be automatically closed)
- Disputes are for a seller not delivering, or not delivering as described. If it is simply a matter of you not liking the work that is when you leave appropriate feedback, not when you open a dispute
- Be completely clear with what you are offering, including what deliverables you will be providing
- Communicate with your customers clearly and often throughout the entire sales process
- Make sure what you deliver matches what you offered 100%
- Be precise with your wording. If you promise something is permanent, then it needs to be permanent
- Realize that, while you may include whatever disclaimers you like on your sales page, that every sale you make on Legiit qualifies for a dispute